Windows 10 is the popular and widely used operating system specifically for the desktop users. Soon after the official launch of Windows 10, Microsoft has started providing updates to it. It has provided upgrade option to the previous version users of Windows OS. Some of the people have faced issues with the Telemetry option on Windows 10 device. By default, this feature allows the users to gather the crucial information regarding the activities of the user.
Such collected data is sent to the Microsoft firm. People who aren’t willing to share their data have opposed this feature. In addition, the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry feature is a cause for high disk usage. To reduce the disk usage and evade the information hack, the users can disable this feature. In this post, we have come up with a detailed guide on how to fix the high disk usage due to the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry feature on Windows 10 PC. Check it out! Also check How to Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
How to Fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High Disk Usage in Windows 10?
There are a few easy methods that enable the users to fix the aforementioned issue. Follow the simple steps given below that enables the users to fix the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry default feature’s high disk usage on Windows 10 device:
Fix 1: Group Policy Editor
The first and foremost method to fix this issue is to use Group Policy Editor. To use this option, the users need to follow the easy steps provided below:
- At first, open the ‘Run’ dialog box from your Windows PC.
- Enter gpedit.msc in the respective field and tap the enter key.
- On the next window, you can go to the location as given below:
Computer Configuration – Administrative Templates – Windows Components – Data collection and Preview Builds
- You need to right click on ‘Allow Telemetry’ option.
- Select ‘Disabled’ option and tap the Apply button on the same window.
- Lastly, tap the OK button and disable the telemetry feature from your Windows PC.
Also Check : Best Proxy Sites List
Fix 2: Using CMD
You can disable this feature from Windows 10 PC through the command prompt fix. Follow the below steps to implement this fix:
- At first, press and tap the Windows Key + R button and open the Run window.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the space and hit the enter key.
- On the CMD window, right click on the screen and select ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Enter the below commands and click the enter key after each command.
- sc delete DiagTrack
- sc delete dmwappushservice
- echo ““ > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-DiagTrack-Listener.etl
- red add “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection”/v AllowTelemtery/tREG_DWORD/d 0 /f
Fix 3: Registry Editor
The users can efficiently disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry from their Windows 10 device through the Registry Editor option. Follow the simple steps furnished below:
- First of all, go to the desktop on your device.
- Tap the R button so as to open the Run dialog box.
- From the run field, type in ‘regedit’ and hit the enter button so as to run the registry editor program.
- Navigate to this location:
- Right-click on ‘DataCollection’ folder and choose ‘New” – “DWORD (32-bit) Value’ and you need to rename it as ‘AllowTelemetry’.
- Set the data value of AllowTelemetry to 0. By default, the value is 0.
- If the default value is not 0, you can simply edit it by double-clicking on this option and set it to 0.
- After that, you can run it and alter the value to 1 if you wish to use Microsoft Telemetry feature on your device.
Also Check : Download Garageband on Windows Laptop
Fix 4: Diagnostic Tracking Service
This particular feature runs well to improve the user experience with Microsoft. If you don’t want to take part in the feedback process, you can easily disable this feature. By disabling the automatic feedback feature, you will be free from sharing the data. Follow the steps to fix this issue with the help of the diagnostics tracking service.
- First of all, run the services that are a desktop app on your Windows 10 PC.
- Explore the Diagnostics Tracking Service and access ‘Property Sheet’ for the same.
- On the next Property Window, you can tap ‘General’ tab and select ‘Disable’ button within the ‘Startup Type’ section.
Fix 5: Wipe Out from Task Scheduler
Most of the Windows 10 users have encountered high disk usage problems with this feature. In order to resolve this issue, the users need to eliminate the file from the task scheduler. This is the final method and the best way to disable this telemetry feature. By implementing this feature, you can easily remove it from the task scheduler. Follow the below steps:
- Initially, the users need to access Task Scheduler from their Windows PC.
- Navigate to Task Scheduler Library >> Microsoft >> Windows >> Application Experience
- Disable all the 3 tasks appeared on the screen from the next folder.
- You can then navigate to Task Scheduler Library >> Microsoft >> Windows >> Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- From that section, you need to disable all the 3 options.
- That’s all! This is the easy process to fix the telemetry issue through the task scheduler on Windows 10 device.
That’s all! These are the simple fixes that we have explained in detail to resolve the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry high disk usage. Hope this guide has helped you to fix the high disk usage by disabling this feature on Windows 10. For more doubts and queries, drop them in the comments section.