The railways are the most favored mode of transportation in our country. Most of the people prefer to travel by railways because they are convenient as well as affordable. But, the one thing that annoyed most of us is standing in long queues and spending hours for booking the railway tickets. However, with the progression of the internet and online services, the railway department has launched a service that enables the people to book their tickets online from anywhere by logging into the IRCTC website or Mobile App.
With IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited), the method of booking railway tickets has become quite simple for most of the people across the nation. Booking a railway ticket from the comfort of your home definitely bests going to a reservation office and waiting in a long queue to book the same ticket. It saves a lot of time and by using an IRCTC account, one can also know train schedule, train routes, PNR status and there is even a possibility to reserve seats in their selected trains anytime via IRCTC. However, for booking a railway ticket online, the users need to have a valid account on IRCTC.
IRCTC Registration Process, Sign up for Online Booking:
A new account creation on IRCTC is pretty easy, which will take just 4-5 minutes. Here, we provide a comprehensive guide on how to create a new account on IRCTC website and mobile sign up process. Have a look!
HOW TO CREATE NEW ACCOUNT ON IRCTC WEBSITE?
Here is a step by step guide that helps the people to create a new account on the IRCTC website.
- First, navigate to the official website of IRCTC – www.irctc.co.in
- Now, click on the IRCTC ‘Sign Up’ link at the left-hand side of the page.
- Now you will be redirected to the IRCTC ‘New Registration’ page.
- On that page, fill the required details such as User ID, Password, Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Country, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc. If you want to fill optional fields you can fill it, otherwise, leave it blank.
- In the next tab, type the details of your Residence and enter the Captcha code as displayed on the same page.
- Then click on the link that reads ‘Submit Registration Form’ at the end of the page.
- Hit OK Button and go ahead with the further registration process.
- In the pop-up window, you need to tick the checkbox saying that you are accepting all the terms and conditions of IRCTC.
- Then in a few seconds, a thank you message appears, that confirms your registration.
- You have now successfully Sign up on IRCTC.
With this, you have completed one phase of the registration process. As now you have created your account, the second phase is to activate it. Follow the below steps to activate your newly registered account on IRCTC.
Activate IRCTC Account:
- Go to IRCTC login page (www.irctc.co.in) and provide your login credentials such as your user id and password.
- Now, for the activation of your IRCTC account, You have to Verify your E-mail ID and Mobile Number.
- Type your registered mobile number and email id in the provided fields. You will get an OTP [One-Time Password].
- Enter that OTP in the provided fields for the account activation.
That’s it! You have successfully registered with the IRCTC account. So, you can now book your train tickets by using IRCTC Login details to access your account.
HOW TO CREATE IRCTC ACCOUNT USING THE MOBILE APP?
Recently, IRCTC has launched their Mobile app, which is right now only available on Android Platform. You can book a train ticket on IRCTC via ‘Rail Connect’ mobile app that can be downloaded from Play store. Registering on IRCTC through a mobile app is easier than the desktop version.
- At first, download and install IRCTC Rail Connect app on your Android device.
- When You open the app, it will ask you to register or login. To create a new account, tap on Register button.
- On the subsequent page, you need to type in the essential details in the provided fields.
- Fill all the required fields (Username, Password, Name, DOB, Gender, Email Id, Mobile Number, etc), then tap on Next.
- Now it will ask for your residential address. In Address Field, DO not use any Special Symbols like \-. Just, give your Plot No, City and State.
- As part of the final registration, you need to verify your mobile number and email id.
- Complete the verification by entering the OTP you received.
- After Verification, you can log in to the account with your username and password.
- That’s all! You have successfully registered a new account on IRCTC through the mobile app on your Android phone.
So how simple it is. Now you can book your ticket online from the Mobile app itself.
Hope now you have new IRCTC Account. If you are a frequent traveler then it is a must for you to have IRCTC account. Also, If you found any difficulties in creating an account on IRCTC, please let us know in the comment section below.