Do you want to Update Redmi Note 3 to Android 8.0 Oreo ? If yes, then you are at right place. In this post, I will explain How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3 without PC. Yes, if you have desired to Upgrade Redmi Note 3 to the latest version of Android then you can do it by flashing AOSP ROM on your phone. We are here with the Android 8.0 Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 3.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was launched in November 2015. Undoubtedly, It is the most selling smartphone in India. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels resolutions. The phone is powered by 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor and it packs 16GB internal space and can be expanded up to 128GB using an SD Card. The other variant of Redmi Note 3 comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 comes with 2GB RAM.The phone has 13MP back and 5MP front and it runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop. There is no any official Android Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 3. But, the experienced developers of XDA community had developed Redmi Note 3 Custom ROM with lots of Mods and customization. There may be some bugs in this AOSP ROM but the developers have worked hard to fix these issues.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Redmi Note 3 [AOSP ROM]?
Now, I am going to proceed to the further steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3. For this purpose, you need Redmi Note 3 Android 8.0 AOSP ROM and some other requirements. Check the files required to upgrade Redmi note 3 to Android 8.0 Oreo.
Download Redmi Note 3 Android 8.0 Oreo ROM
- Redmi Note 3 Android 8.0 ROM – Download
- GApps for Redmi Note 3 (Optional, already included in ROM) – Download
Steps to Flash Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3
1) First of all, you must have a custom recovery installed on your phone. Search on XDA if you haven’t installed it yet.
2) Download AOSP ROM from the above link. Also, Rename the file to update.zip and save it on your external SD card Root folder.
3) Now, boot your device into recovery mode. Switch off the phone then Press Volume Down + Power button to enter into recovery mode.
4) In recovery mode, create a Nandroid Backup and it will be safe for you if anything goes wrong.
5) After creating Backup, Factory Reset your phone. This will erase all the existing data on your phone. (Not personal files)
6) Now, go to Install and locate the update.zip file from the SD card that you have saved earlier.
7) Swipe to confirm the installation. After some time the process of the flashing completes, install GApps if you want.
8) That’s all… You are done.Wipe Dalvik/Cache Art and Reboot your device.
This was the Guide to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3. This was the very simple and easiest guide to Flash Android 8.0 ROM on Redmi Note 3. You also don’t require PC to Download and Update Android 8.0 on your Redmi Note 3. I hope you have successfully upgraded your Redmi Note 4 to Android Oreo. If you are facing any problem, please drop a comment below.