SEO, short for Search Engine Optimization, is the foremost step in online marketing. If you have a website, you cannot expect to get genuine online exposure, unless SEO is a part of your plans. As search engines, especially Google, continue to focus on better search results for users, the approach to SEO has to change. Of course, you may need professional help for that, and you must hire one of the best SEO Services Singapore for the project. That said, here is a checklist that will come in handy for ranking better with SEO in 2019.
- Start with Google Analytics. With Google Analytics, you can have a fair and transparent idea of how people use and find your website. From traffic to pages that bring in traffic, and numbers that indicate the success of your website and SEO efforts, Google Analytics is everything you need. If you don’t know how to get started, consider hiring a SEO agency that can take care of the setup. Combined with Google Search Console, Google Analytics could be a great way to make the most of SEO.
- Yoast SEO is essential. More than 70% websites on the web rely on WordPress, and if you want to set up SEO in quick, easy steps, Yoast SEO is the way to go. It makes it easy to optimize your website for all the search engines, and you don’t really have to try beyond a certain point. Your SEO agency can take care of other aspects as per their protocols.
- Don’t miss longtail keywords. Mobile indexing first – Google has already rolled out that, and there will be more focus on voice search and longtail keywords. More than half of all web searches are being initiated on mobile devices, and if you are not focusing enough on long-tail keywords, you will lose out on results. While long-tail keywords are critical, you may also want to focus on conversational keywords and phrases that are relevant to your niche and website. Don’t forget to use The Google Keyword Planner.
- Focus on the smaller things. First things first, Short URLs are the new thing, and you have to consider shortening your URLs to the best possible extent. Secondly, keep a tab on Tags. Make sure that all the tags on all pages are optimized and checked for. What may seem like a small aspect may have a big impact on SEO results and rankings.
- Optimize on images and photos. You have to optimize on images and photos, because visual content is now being given preference by search engines. You have to be absolutely in control of what kind of videos and pictures are used on the website, and the description and other details need to be updated. You may have to pay for new photos and for getting some clicked for your brand, but we assure that the price is worth paying.
Other aspects to consider
Finally, do not forget that SEO is also about 75% off-page SEO, so things like guest posting and link building will matter, and experts agree that social media and SEO will have to work together for branding. Mentions on social media and smaller things use of organic content on various social media channels may reward your SEO efforts in a big way, because Google is indexing content from social sites. Also, ensure that your website has enough of good and optimized content, and it has to be a continuous process. As many marketing experts admit, “content is king” and that’s an aspect that probably will never change as far as SEO and rankings are concerned.