Windows 10 is a popular operating system that enables the users to operate the device with much ease. Along with the usage, Windows 10 OS also shows errors. One of the frequent Windows 10 errors is Driver Power State Failure error. This particular error could occur for various reasons.Whenever there are issues related to the power and the drivers in Windows, we get this error. There are easy solutions to fix this kind of errors. In this post, we have come up with a detailed guide on how to fix Driver Power State Failure error in Windows 10.
Fix Driver Power State Failure Error in Windows 10
The Driver Power State Failure Error in Windows 10 occurs through a device driver that goes into the sleep mode. If the device goes into the sleeping state whilst you are still accessing the device then, you might get this error. Windows OS will send a wake-up signal to the device when required. In case, if the device doesn’t respond to it within time then, the device flags a Driver Power State Failure error. This error could occur either because of the power settings or the device drivers.Also check how to Fix Taskbar Not Working Issue in Windows 10
Causes of Driver Power State Failure Error
Here are some of the common reasons behind the cause of Driver Power State Failure error in Windows 10.
The DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error will cause due to several reasons. Some of them have been given below:
- Incompatible drivers
- Outdated or corrupted drivers for any hardware
- Shutdown the machine when it is in sleep mode.
How to Fix Driver Power State Failure Error in Windows 10?
Here are 4 different methods that help the users to resolve the Driver Power State Failure Error in your Windows 10 operating system.
Fix 1: Turn Off Power Saving Mode
One of the best solutions to fix Driver Power State Failure error is to turn off the power saving mode. Check out the simple steps provided below to turn off the power saving mode option on your device:
- First of all, press and hold Windows + R keys and access the Run window.
- In the run dialog box, you need to type control panel and hit the OK button.
- On the Control Panel window, tap the option ‘Small Icons’ under ‘View by’ tab.
- You can then choose the Power Options. On the next window, you can select the Balanced checkbox.
- Tap the option ‘Change plan settings’. You can edit the settings under ‘change advanced power settings.’
- On the next window, expand the options Wireless Adapter Settings >> Power Saving Mode >> Maximum Performance.
- The same settings must be done within the PCI Express option. Click the OK Button. All the changes will be applied.
- You can then reboot your PC and ensure that the Driver Power State Failure error is resolved.
Also Check : Fix “ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR” Permanently
Fix 2: Reinstall the Drivers
- To resolve this error, you need to go to Device Manager window.
- Just right-click the Computer >> select the Properties option.
- Tap Device Manager option and check whether there are exclamation icons beside the hardware names.
- You can then uninstall the problematic drivers just by right-clicking the hardware.
- After uninstalling the drivers, you need to restart the computer and navigate to the Control Panel.
- Choose the options System & Security >> Windows update >> Check for updates.
Fix 3: Update your Device Drivers
Even after following the above steps, if the problems are not resolved, you can update the drivers. The users can manually update the drivers. Otherwise, you can update them with some software programs. Download the drivers from the trusted website or update the drivers if they are outdated.
Fix 4: Fix the Issue using System Restore
System restore helps the users to resolve the system related issues such as Driver Power State Failure error. It enables the users to roll back the system’s state to the previous time.
- You can roll back the system to the normal mode by following the below steps:
- Just right-click the Computer option >> select Property option.
- Choose ‘System Protection’ and select ‘System Restore’ in the next dialog box.
- Tap ‘Next’ and select the preferred system restore point.
That’s all! These are some of the simple solutions to fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10 operating system. Hope these fixes have helped you to fix various driver related issues. For more doubts and queries, drop them in the comments section.