Windows is one of the most popular operating system platforms released by Microsoft, the giant software company. In the recent times, the company has released the Windows 10 Operating system for all the users with several improvements. Millions of Windows users have upgraded their devices to the latest Windows 10 operating system so as to acquire the best experience of using Windows platform.
Some of them have come across different errors like DPC Watchdog Violation errors on Windows 10 Operating system. In order to solve this error, the company has released a new update. If you are facing this issue on your Windows device too then, we are here to help you in the best way. In this tutorial, we have come up with a detailed guide about DPC Watchdog Violation Error in Windows. You can even check out the solutions so as to fix this error. Have a look!!
DPC Watchdog Violation Error Windows 10/8/7
DPC Watchdog Violation is a common error for those who are using Windows 10 operating system. Whenever you get this error, your computer screen will turn into a blue screen saying that your device ran into some problem. This error occurs mainly because of the compatibility problem on your device. Despite releasing a fix to this issue, not all the device configurations support this fix. As a result, you need to still come across the same error on your Windows 10 device.
Reasons for DPC Watchdog Violation Errors
There are copious reasons behind these DPC Watchdog Violation Errors on your Windows 10 device. It is quite necessary to find out the actual cause of the occurrence of such errors. Check it out!
- Outdated Drivers on your Windows PC
- Incompatible Solid State Drive (SSD) on your Windows 10 or Windows 8 OS
- An error might occur because of some installed or downloaded apps on your Windows device.
How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Errors on Windows?
Here are some of the easy solutions that help the users to fix DPC Watchdog Violation Errors on Windows PC:
1. Update Drivers on PC
In general, people install the drivers on their Windows PC at the time of purchase of the device. After that, they forget to update the drivers. In order to fix this error, you need to update the old drivers to the latest one. You can easily update the drivers based on your system configuration.
- At first, press and hold the Windows key and X from the keyboard. You can then choose the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- Expand ‘IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers’ and right click on the option that says ‘Standard SATA ACHI controller’.
- From the list of options, you need to tap the option Properties.
- To check whether you have chosen the precise controller, go to the Driver tab and tap ‘Driver details option.
- From the next screen, check the listings and look for iaStorA.sys. Click OK button and exit.
- Once you find it, go to the next fix. Otherwise, tap the Driver tab and click on Update Driver button.
- From the next screen, you need to select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ option.
- Further, tap the option that says ‘Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer’ and hit the Next button.
- Tap the Standard SATA AHCI Controller option and tap Next button.
- At last, restart the PC in order to get all these changes into effect.
- Check the message that reads ‘Windows has successfully updated your driver software. You can then tap the Close button.
2. Check out the Issue with Installed or Downloaded Apps on PC
Sometimes, you might face this issue due to the installed or downloaded apps on your Windows PC. You need to check out whether there are any issues with the apps or new utilities. In order to fix this error, you need to reset or remove the apps completely from your device.
3. Reinstall Display Driver in Safe Mode
- At first, go to ‘Run’ window and enter ‘misconfig’ in the field.
- Tap the enter button and on the System Configuration window, you need to click Boot >> Safe boot >> Network.
- After selecting the options, you can hit Ok button.
- Further, restart the Windows PC. Now, you have started the device in safe mode.
- Navigate to Device Manager. Locate Display adapters option and expand it.
- Just right click the Display Adapter and hit Uninstall button.
- Tick the checkbox that says ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ and hit the ok button.
- Once again, restart your PC and the DPC Watchdog Violation error will be fixed.
4. Change SSD of your Device
You might face this issue due to the SSD. If you want to overcome this Watchdog violation error, you need to alter the SSD of your computer. You can change it under the supervision of some experts.
That’s all! This is all you need to know about DPC Watchdog Violation Error in Windows. Hope this tutorial has assisted you to fix this common error that causes on your Windows 10/8/7 PC or Laptop. For more doubts, don’t hesitate to drop your queries in the comments section below.