With over 2.7 billion monthly active users and around 80 million Facebook Pages, Facebook is indeed a melting pot of social and commerce. And speaking of commerce, one of the best ways to showcase your brand or business on FB is via Facebook Pages.
More than 2.1 billion people visit Facebook daily (including Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp). No matter your niche or industry, you can create a Facebook page to market your business as it’s almost certain that your potential customers are already on Facebook and using it actively to connect with family, friends and favourite brands.
In this article, we’ll be looking at what a Facebook page is, features of a good FB page and lastly, how to create an amazing Facebook page, but first you should read these social media tips.
What is a Facebook Page?
A Facebook page is a public profile specifically created by businesses, brands, organizations, celebrities or anyone seeking to promote themselves publicly online. These pages work much like a personal profile, except that pages do not gain “friends,” but “fans” which are people who “like” a page. Pages work similarly to profiles, updating fans’ with things such as status updates, links, events, photos and videos which appear on the page itself and on fans’ news feeds.
Facebook pages allow you interact with and advertise to your potential customers. They also provide a simple hub of information about your business or brand.
Below are some interesting Facebook page statistics you too can leverage on for your business.
Some Interesting Facebook (Page) Statistics.
1. There are 1.59 billion daily active users on Facebook on average as of June 2019 (Facebook)
- 39% of users will follow a Facebook Page in order to receive a special offer.3. 57% of consumers say that social media influences their shopping (MarketingDive)4. Facebook has a total of 80 million Pages for SMBs.
5. The average organic reach for a Facebook post is 6.4% of the Page’s total likes.
6. 78% of American consumers say they’ve discovered products on Facebook. (MarketingDive)
7. Facebook is the top platform for both B2B and B2C businesses (HootSuite)
Features of a Good Facebook Page
1. A Recognizable Profile Picture
Choose a profile picture that’s easy to recognize. Use a company logo for a big company or your headshot if you’re the face of your brand, band or business. Use a photo that accurately captures and reflects your brand values, because the more people see it, the more they’ll recognize and associate it with your brand.
2. An Engaging Cover Photo
Choose a high-quality picture or image that is eye-catching, dynamic, creative; that can draw their attention and make them take a closer look at your Page content, which should be optimized to synchronize with the cover photo in a smooth and seamless way. You can get quality stock images or take them yourself using your smartphones or professional cameras for best results.
3. A Call-to-Action (CTA) Button
Adding CTA’s can help drive traffic from your Facebook Page to your website, landing page or to a particular product page or content you want to promote. These CTA’s include things like “Watch Video,” “Sign Up,” “Book Now”, “Call” etc. If a link is embedded, it will direct followers, fans or customers to a predetermined destination URL of your choice.
- An Optimized “About” Section
Optimize the “About” section of your page to align with your brand values and posturing. Add a clear and concise description of your brand or business, mission statement, vision and contact information, including phone number, email address and website address. You can even use storytelling to tell your brand story. Your audience are likely to like your page if it resonates with them.
5. An Engaging Timeline
Having checked your page out thus far, some potential followers/customers may want to spy out your timeline. Here’s another chance to hook them in by creating relevant engaging, interesting, entertaining and useful visual content that they can interact with.
6. Frequent Posting
look reliable or authentic to your followers by creating a Facebook content strategy that enables you post frequently and at the right time. Using a social media editorial calendar comes in handy to help you schedule and adjust posts accordingly. Monitor your first several posts using Facebook analytics to observe popular times and other analytics so as to tailor posting frequency and strategy accordingly.
7. Rapid Response to Comments
Most successful brands monitor and respond to comments on their Facebook Page via the notifications tab at the very top of each page. This helps brands monitor comments, observations and conversations with their customers or fans. It also facilitates communication and interaction.
Now, on to:
How to Create an Amazing Facebook Page
Step 1: Create your Page
- Log into your Facebook profile.
- Click on “pages” to your left
Click on create page.
Next, decide if you want a Business/Brand page or Community/Public Figure page, then click “get started”.
Fill out the basic details of your business or brand such as: page name, category, address and your phone number (optional).Once you’re done, click “Continue.”
Step 2: Add Profile and Cover Photo
- Click on “upload profile picture” to add a profile picture to your page which should be your business logo or your headshot.
- Click on “add cover photo” to add a cover for your page.
Step 3: Create Your Facebook Page Username
- Click the “About” tab in the left sidebar.
- Click “Create Page @username.” Choose a simple and memorable business name as your username.
Step 4: Fill in Your Business Information in the About Section
- Click the “About” tab in the left sidebar and fill in your business details which includes contact info, website etc.
- Click on “Tell people about your business” to write a short copy that tells your brand story.
Step 5: Add and Edit Page Roles
- Click on the “Settings” tab.
- Click on “Page roles” in the left-hand sidebar. Then type in the names or email addresses of other members of your team and assign roles to them, such as Admin, Editor, Moderator, Advertiser and Analyst.
Step 6: Add a Call-to-Action Button (to capture prospects and leads).
- Click on “Add a button”.
- Chosen your CTA button and click “Next”.
- Follow through and click “Finish” when done.
Step 7: Create Your First Post
- Click on the “write a post” box to create your first post and create subsequent posts to engage your visitors.
Step 8: Like Other Pages
- Get social and gain more fans by navigating to similar or relevant pages you want to Like, and then click the Like icon underneath the Page’s Cover Art. They’d get a notification and likely like you(rs) back.
Step 9: Invite Your Friends to Like Your Page and Start Promoting Your Page.
- Click on “invite” in the right-hand sidebar to invite your friends to like your page. This helps your page look credible to new followers. You can also ask your friends to invite their friends.
- You can link to your Facebook Business Page from your website and other profiles and begin promoting it.
After setting up your Facebook page, it is important to A/B test it before publishing or promoting it. You can do this by asking trusted friends or family to have a look and provide feedback.
Below are some important reasons to test your Facebook page before going public.
Importance of Testing (Getting Feedback) Before Publishing and Promoting Your Facebook Page.
1. It Helps you Anticipate and Improve Customer Experience
Actionable insights gained from pre-launch tests can help you anticipate, plan for and design customer or user experiences that enrich your page.
2.It Helps Define Your Brand Identity
In reviewing your FB Page, friends and family may force you to answer questions like:
- So what’s your business about?
- What are your core values?
- What are your business goals?
- Who is your ideal customer, etc?
Being able to adequately address such questions will help you create a well branded page.
Perhaps, among your reviewers are designers, UI/UX testers, coders, copywriters, fans/followers/customers, etc. This can impact the quality of feedback and input you receive, which can help you optimize your Facebook page for best results, ranging from design all the way to page copy.
4. Shows Professionalism
With adequate and in-depth tests, loopholes can be identified and filled before launch. This will improve the overall roll out process plus ensure your Facebook Page hits the ground running. This will make you look like a true professional in the eyes of your followers.
5. Increases Trust
The goal of testing is to cover loopholes and launch smart and strong. Having gone through testing, a good and optimized Facebook Page can increase trust plus increase the chances of customers converting.
An optimized FB page is a great step towards Facebook business success. It reassures fans, followers and customers that you mean business.
Now, go-ahead and create the next great Facebook page for your business.