Google Chrome is one of the most used browsers on different desktop devices. Some of the popular web browsers include Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and more. Chrome is the default browser for most of the people in their homes, workplaces, and other locations. Despite having the immense popularity for this browser, it is not fully secure and safe for the users.
At the time of exploring the web through the Google Chrome browser, we often confront the error ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. In such a situation, the users can resolve it with simple fixes. However, we can quickly resolve this error by implementing appropriate solutions. In this post, we have come up with a detailed guide to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR permanently in Google Chrome.
ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Google Chrome:
When this error appears on the screen, you get a message saying that ‘This webpage is not available’. This particular error usually appears when you try to access the websites with proxybunker such as the Google, Facebook, Reddit, YouTube, Gmail, Wikipedia, Tumblr and more. This error occurrence depends on the websites that you explore.
SPDY is actually a protocol of Google Chrome that has been designed to secure the web pages. It enhances the loading speed of the websites. If the Chrome terminates giving it’s support to this protocol then, this kind of errors might appear. Apart from this, there are numerous Google Chrome errors that we get whilst browsing the web.
Reasons for ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR:
There could be several reasons for the cause of ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in your Google Chrome web browser. The SPDY protocol connects with the HTTP enabled websites. Some of the major reasons behind this error occurrence include the following:
- Firewall Blockages
- Outdated Google Chrome web browser
How to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Permanently for Chrome Browser?
Here are some of the simple solutions that help the users to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR permanently in Google Chrome web browser:
1. Flush Domain Name Server
One of the simple fix to solve this error on your device includes flushing of DNS. DNS is nothing but the Domain Name Server. In order to solve this error, you need to follow the below steps:
- Go to the Command Prompt.
- Enter ipconfig/flushdns in the command prompt field and click on the enter key.
- Just renew the Internet Protocol address. Once again navigate to Command Prompt and repeat the same thing.
- You need to enter ipconfig/renew and hit the enter button.
Also Check : Best Rainmeter skins for windows
These days, picking the best antivirus software program has become a great obstacle for all the users of Windows device. If you get this error on your device, we always suggest using Avast antivirus. After installing Avast antivirus on your device, just add the website to Avast’s suspension list. You need to add each and every website with which you come across this sort of ‘This webpage is not available’ error code in the Google Chrome browser. Follow the simple steps provided below to add the exclusion list on Avast.
- Open Avast antivirus on your Windows device.
- Go to Settings >> Click on Active Protection option.
- Tap the Customize option for preserving the web page.
- This is the simple process to add the URL link of every web page to the exclusion list on your Avast antivirus.
3. Clean Cookies on Browser
Even after using these fixes, you couldn’t fix this issue; you need to clear the cookies on your Google Chrome web browser. You have to clear the cookies and data present in the history of the web browser. Follow the simple steps provided below to clear the cache and cookies from your browser:
- At first, go to the Chrome >> Settings.
- Just scroll down below and click on the option that reads ‘Show Advanced Settings.’
- From the section of Privacy, tap the option ‘Clear Browsing Data.’
- Select the below-given options:
- Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Cached images and files
- Just uncheck all these options.
- Ensure that you have set ‘Obliterate the following items from’ option to ‘the beginning of time’.
- It indicates that you are clearing the history of your browser right from the inception.
- Lastly, just tap on ‘Clear Browsing Data’ option.
Also Check : Best Proxy Sites 2018
4. Chrome Updation
If you defy this ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on the Google Chrome Browser on your device, update the web browser to the latest version. You can quickly update it from the internet through the trusted sources. If your browser is outmoded, you will get this error and you might not obtain access to the web page.
5. Flush the Socket Solution
In most of the circumstances, people who confronted this type of error have resolved it with this simple fix. Follow the simple steps provided below to fix this issue on Google Chrome browser.
- At first, copy the link in the address bar or the URL link on the Chrome browser window.
- Copy and paste the copied link as given above.
- After pasting the link, you need to click on the arrow mark that appears on the right-hand side of the web page.
- From the drop-down menu, select the ‘Flush Sockets’ option. You can then tap the option that reads ‘Flush Socket Pools’.
That’s all! These are some of the quick solutions that aid the users to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR permanently in Google Chrome web browser. Try to implement the above fixes to get rid of this error every time when you access the websites like Facebook, YouTube, etc., on Chrome. For more doubts and queries, just ask us through the comments section provided here. We try to send the response and the perfect solution as soon as possible.