Microsoft, the large software company takes its initiative in planning and developing the best software programs for all the users. To supervise different activities associated with the multimedia, videos, game programming and more. Microsoft has launched DirectX. In fact, DirectX is a set of application programming interfaces [APIs]. Windows is the conventional operating system operated out in different versions for all the users. This tutorial helps you to Directx 12 Download and update or install on your Windows 10, 8, 7 laptops or PC.
All the modern Windows OS versions consist of DirectX by default. That’s the reason there is no actual requirement to install DirectX as a software program. Nevertheless, Microsoft releases the updated versions of DirectX on a frequent basis. By installing the latest updates on DirectX, the issues related to that software program will be fixed automatically. This will ultimately improve the performance of your games and the best graphics programs.Also check how to download garageband for pc
Beginning with the Windows 7 version operating system, Microsoft has pre-installed the DirectX 11 version on the platform. Following, the DirectX 12 version software program has been installed on the Windows 10 operating system. Here is a detailed in-depth guide on how to download and install DirectX 12 on Windows 10 computer. Check it here.
Download DirectX Windows 10 For Free on Your PC:
DirectX is a software program that enables us to play games and operate different multimedia apps on Windows PC or Laptop. The device may not be able to run in the games and videos or other multimedia apps on Windows devices without installing DirectX on it. Due to the need for DirectX software, There could be some difficulties with audio as and video playback. By default, the users can find DirectX software installed on the latest Windows operating systems such as Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10.
As the software program is already installed on your Windows device, the only thing that you need to do is to upgrade it. If there are any sort of issues with the DirectX program in the pre-installed program then, you can update it to the latest version of DirectX. You can finally boost the performance of your games and other multimedia stuff with the DirectX upgrade. Notwithstanding DirectX might be a blended software program on the Windows operating system, there is a chance of updating it by a Windows update.
Also Check : How to download Rainmeter Skins for windows 10
There are infinite versions of DirectX available on the web started by Microsoft. The DirectX is composed of a plenty of application programming interfaces i.e., APIs. It comprises the Direct3D, DXGI, DirectWrite for fonts and a lot more. The DirectX software program comes in support with different versions of Windows OS. They include Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10. If you need further knowledge about the different versions of DirectX then, you can notice it after the DirectX installation tutorial in this post.
How to Download and Install DirectX 12?
The installation of DirectX software program could take a minimum of 15 minutes on Windows device. Still, it could be even shorter than that time. As DirectX is an official API software program launched by Microsoft, you can find the latest version of it on the official website of Microsoft. Follow the simple steps to download and install DirectX software on Windows 7/8/10 PC or Laptop.
- At first, go to the official app store of Microsoft from your device.
- You can drive to the page where the DirectX end-user runtime web installer software appears.
- Locate the Download button and tap the button.
- On the next page, you can see a few suggestions from Microsoft.
- It includes the MSN default homepage and Windows malicious software removal tool.
- You can pick the check boxes for downloading the above programs along with the DirectX program.
- Contrarily, just uncheck them and the Next button will rename with No thanks and continue.
- In a few moments, the DirectX setup file will start downloading on your Windows device.
- Later, go to the downloads folder and tap to open the file.
- Just by following the on-screen instructions, you can complete the installation process of DirectX on Windows device.
- After successfully installing DirectX on your PC, you will be asked to restart your device.
- Go ahead to restart the device to apply all the changes you’ve made to the device even if it doesn’t prompt you.
- After that, you can try to test the software whether it has been updated to the latest version of DirectX or not.
- You can even find the issues that you’ve faced already with the gaming performance and other multimedia apps will be fixed with the latest update.
What’s the DirectX Version on your Windows PC?
If you are quite curious about the version of DirectX that has been installed on your Windows PC or Laptop then, you can do the following.
- By using the DirectX Diagnostic tool, you can easily find out the version of DirectX installed on your device.
- In order to find the tool, you need to open the Run window from your PC.
- Just press and hold Windows Key + R on your keyboard and type the command that says dxdiag.
- You can then find the version number of DirectX software program installed in the System tab.
This is the latest version of DirectX which is compatible with the Windows 10 operating system. This is the one and only version that is supported in Windows 10 device. Through the Windows update, the users can easily update the DirectX to the latest version of DirectX 12.
We presume that Microsoft provides the availability of downloading the DirectX 12 version for the existing versions of Windows other than the Windows 10 OS.
The Bottom Line:
That’s all! This is all you need to know about the downloading and installation process of DirectX on your Windows PC or Laptop. Hope this guide has helped you to download the latest version of DirectX 12 on Windows 10 PC. This tutorial also helped you in knowing about each and every version of DirectX that is compatible with different versions of Windows platform. For more doubts and queries, you can ask us through the comments section.