The social networking sites have totally changed the way we live in the current realm. With the evolution of the popular social media and messaging platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat and more, it has become easy for communicating with others. Not only for the purpose of communication, we have started using these platform for sharing the media content like pictures, videos, and much more stuff.
It is very true that our lives have started to experience fun and excitement through the best apps. Among them, Snapchat will definitely take a position. Snapchat is not just for chatting with your best pals but also lets the users send snaps of their memorable moments. Creating an account on Snapchat through your Android or iOS device is quite easy.
At the time of creating a new Snapchat account, people usually give their details like username, password, and other details. It gives us suggestions for setting a username. It’s all about signing up for a new Snapchat account. What if you want to change Snapchat name? You may not find a direct option for editing your username anytime on Snapchat. If you find it challenging then, just scroll down through the hassle-free procedure here.
I Forgot My Snapchat Username
Have you ever felt that it’s time for a new change? Some sort of change is essential even in case of your Snapchat username. You might have presumed that changing the username of Snapchat is a cake-walk. If you think that changing a Snapchat username can be done just by navigating to settings and edit your username. You are totally on the wrong side of the coin if you think so.
There is no such working method for changing Snapchat username so easily. Sadly, Snapchat doesn’t let the users alter their usernames for some security issues. For that reason, the Snapchat users must stick on to the current username as long as you want to use the same account. Don’t worry much! There is definitely a brilliant way to substitute your Snapchat username with a custom display name.
There could be even some cases where you might have forgotten your Snapchat username. In such a case, you ought to change the username for accessing it easily. As mentioned before, there is no direct way to change the Snapchat username like Facebook let its users do. The users can try out some of the simple methods to get rid of their old Snapchat username by following the below guide.
How to Change Snapchat Username – 3 Ways
There are three simple methods the help the users to change their Snapchat username with a simple hack. In this post, we have explained all the three ways to change it regardless the reason behind it. Check it out!
1. Change Snapchat Username with Custom Display Name
This is one of the best ways that help the users to change their Snapchat username using a custom display name. Snapchat allows the users to pick a display name that appears to their friends and others. It is possible to change the display name whenever you like and it will be visible for all your contacts both the existing and newly added contacts. The username might endure the same but it barely is visible to your buddies. Follow the below steps:
1. Access Snapchat Settings
- Log in to your Snapchat account and tap the tiny ghost icon present at the top left corner of the screen to access your profile.
- In the top right corner of the screen, you can find the gear icon and go to Settings.
2. Edit your Display Name
- The initial settings are related to your username.
- Even if you tap on the username option, nothing will be changed.
- You will find an icon next to it. By tapping that, you will be able to share your Snapchat username with others via different apps.
- Just tap the Name option and you will be able to edit your first name and last name from the respective fields.
- You can even leave the last name field empty.
- Hit the Save button after making specific changes.
3. Check your New Display Name
- The names that you have saved in the previous step will appear in your friends’ chats as well as the stories instead of your username.
- Whenever your friends open a chat with you, only then, they will be able to view your username.
- After saving your display name, you can get back to your profile and check your new name that displays just below your snapcode.
2. Change Snapchat Username using Email ID
As we have provided a step by step tutorial to change Snapchat username without making a new account in the previous method, this method will be quite different. You can change the Snapchat username by using an alternate Snapchat account created using a different email address. Follow the below steps to change the username for your Snapchat account.
- First of all, open your Snapchat app and access your profile.
- Go to Settings and scroll down below to find the Log out option.
- Hit Log out and after logging out, tap the Sign up button.
- Enter the required details and ensure that you make use of a different email address instead of the one you’ve been using for your current Snapchat account.
- Go to your profile and tap ‘Add Friends.’ You can either ‘Add from Contacts’.
- Hit the button that says ‘Continue’ and wait for a moment.
- On the next pop-up window, tap ‘OK’ button and enable the Snapchat to access your contacts.
- You can then add the contacts based on your preference.
- Log into your previous Snapchat account and access your profile.
- You can then hit ‘My Friends’ option and select any user and their Snapchat username will pop-up on the screen.
- Skip the friends you have already added to the new Snapchat account.
- Once again log into your new Snapchat account and add friends or add by username.
- After making necessary changes, you can delete the old account permanently.
3. Create a New Snapchat Account
The last and final alternative is to create a completely new Snapchat account by deleting the old account. For deleting your Snapchat account, check the below steps:
- Go to accounts.snapchat.com.
- Enter the login credentials of your Snapchat account and hit the Log in button.
- From the next menu, you can tap the ‘Delete My Account’ option.
- You need to enter your Snapchat details for a second time and hit Continue button.
- After successfully deleting your account, you can tap Sign up button.
- Create a new Snapchat account by entering your new username based on your choice.
- After finishing the account setup process for the new account, go to your profile and tap the ghost icon.
- Hit ‘Add Friends’ option or add friends through your contacts.
That’s all! These are the three different ways that help the users to change the username of their Snapchat account. Hope this tutorial has guided you in the best way to find the alternate solutions for changing the Snapchat username. If you still find it difficult or have any kind of queries, just drop them in the comments section below. Share your thoughts and ideas about the best Snapchat username with other readers.